Employers and the Department of Child Support Services collaborate together as partners to promote the well being of children. On behalf of the children of our community, the Stanislaus County Department of Child Support Services thanks all employers for their assistance in the collection of child and medical support.
Below are some of the services employers provide assistance in:
- Report new hires promptly
- Implement wage attachments as specified in court orders
- Disburse payments within seven days of employee pay dates
- Enroll dependent children in employee medical plan
- Report employee terminations and lapses in health insurance
State Disbursement Unit (SDU)
The State Disbursement Unit (SDU) is responsible for receiving and processing child support payments for individuals with open cases through a local child support agency. The SDU also receives and processes employer child support wage withholding payments, including child support withholdings from private support orders. The SDU gives parents and employers more options for how child support payments are received and how child support payments are made.
The below links will take you to other useful web sites to obtain additional information.